What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our website or app?
During the quoting, application, or claims handling processes you may give us information such as your:
- Phone number;
- Email address;
- Social Security number;
- Driver’s license number;
- Date of birth.
If you gave us your email address, Excursion may use it from time to time to notify you of such things as new services, special offers, or to confirm transactions. If you do not wish to be contacted by email for non-policy related communications, you may unsubscribe by following the instructions at the bottom of any Excursion email you receive.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form, make a purchase or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, sign up for our newsletter, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests;
- To follow up after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries);
- To present our Website and its contents to you;
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Your current location is only determined if you permit our services to do so. If you allow your location to be obtained using an Excursion app, or with a browser, we will use this information to return your estimated location. We use this information solely to distinguish your current location and not to identify you. Excursion does not automatically track your location.
How do we protect visitor information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Each browser is different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
The Information We Disclose
Information about our customers or former customers will only be disclosed as permitted or required by law. Information about you that has been collected is maintained in your policy and/or claims records.
We use this information to process and service your policy; to settle claims; with your consent; or as directed by you. We may also disclose it to persons or organizations as necessary to perform transactions you request or authorize. Information about our former customers and about individuals who have obtained quotes from us is safeguarded to the same extent as information about our current policyholders.
We must exchange information about you with our agents, investigators, appraisers, attorneys, and other persons who are or will become involved in processing your application and servicing your policy or any claims you may make.
We may also share your information for other permitted purposes, including:
- with another insurance company if you are involved in an accident with their insured;
- with our reinsurers;
- with insurance-support organizations that detect and prevent fraud;
- among the Excursion companies to offer you additional products and services;
- with consumer reporting agencies as permitted by law;
- with institutions in order to verify coverage or conduct operations or services audits;
- with state insurance departments or other governmental or law enforcement authorities if required by law or to protect our legal interests or in cases of suspected fraud or illegal activities;
- if ordered by a subpoena, search warrant or other court order.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA we agree to the following:
- Users are able to change their personal information by emailing us according to the contact information provided below.
We honor do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place. It’s also important to note that we do not allow third-party behavioral tracking.
Children Online Privacy Protection Act
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM we agree to:
- NOT use false or misleading subjects or email addresses;
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way;
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters;
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used;
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly;
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
How to Unsubscribe
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us or follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
Address: 8181 NW 154th Street, Suite 230
Miami Lakes, FL 33016
Last Edited: 2017-08-10